Are the deceased really dead?


No one is born to live for ever. There is always a time when they have to part ways with us.

It hurts a lot to know that the person you love so much is no more alive to love you back, or at least acknowledge your love.

Birth and death have proved to be a significant part of our lives.
Loosing the ones who gave birth to you seems like they've left us halfway and left.

Questions! Questions are all that is left behind!
"Weren't they supposed to be with me all the time?"
"Why did this happen to us? We were a perfect family"

The other side of the coin?
It hurts even more to know that the little kiddo is no more. Clearly, we never grow old for them. Its like they loose a part of them, as we are born out of them.

The feeling of loneliness strikes hard when your soulmate leaves.
Some wish to leave with them, some wish to leave before the other so that they dont have to go through all the pain or the suffering of being alone, of being without their other half.

The sibling you grew up with : It feels like a part of the big happy family picture made up with distinct jigsaw puzzle pieces fell off.
Whereas,
There are your 'Siblings' from another mother, not related by blood or any family chain!

Those are one of the best bonds. 
Why? Because they are the friends whom you choose to call your brother/sister. They are bound to be special and close to you.

"Every deceased is a magnet drawing us into another world."- Eliza Cook

I was very close to my grandmother. I grew up in her arms. I was her favourite child, in fact, I believe, I still am. 
Her death was the first close death that I encountered. Terribly ill and hospitalized, she told my mother that she wants to meet me and my little sister; because we were next in her list of meeting people for the last time.
Though I could not meet her, but it is a relief to know that she was content in her final days, and sometimes that's all someone needs to know.

As the tears roll down,
I clearly remember the dreams that I had for many following days of her death. That she's still alive, and calls me to her place as she has kept my favourite sweets for me, and we have a great time together.

She is surely missed and still loved. Every achievement of mine, every occasion in the house has a sense of dejection of her absence.

The wish to have met the deceased for the last time, to touch them, to hug them and to tell them that they were and are deeply loved, before they were gone is truly undying.

Life pauses. But, never stops.

One has to get their feet back on the roads and press the 'Resume' button to life.
Probably, it becomes the hardest 'Resume' button ever.


A huge pile of memories never leaves you. Those memories flash in your mind, makes you realise that these memories are all we have got now.
No matter how many times we've pressed that RESUME button, but they would remain alive in our memories. 

"Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them."
- George Eliot

Comments

  1. Extremely touching Rishnita! I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!
      It means a lot to know that it has come from you.
      Thank you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apollo White Dental, GK - Review

Shop Smart This Diwali

Cafe Public Connection, CP - Review